Top 10 Books
Here is a List of My Top 10 Most Recommended Books
You may find them on Amazon.com or at your local book store
1. What Color is Your Parachute by Richard Nelson Bolles
This is the essential resource for job hunter’s. It has practical exercises for discovering strengths, skills and interests.
2. The Three Boxes of Life by Richard Nelson Bolles
Find balance in your life and in work.
3. The Path by Laurie Beth Jones
Helps you determine what is important so that you may establish your life mission.
4. There is Nothing Wrong with You by Cheri Huber
This is a Zen approach to self acceptance.
5. The Gift of Imperfection: Let Go of who You Think You’re Supposed to be and Embrace Who You Are by Brene Brown, PhD, LMSW
Addresses shame, guilt and fear and provides lessons in going past them to find one’s true self.
6. How to Talk so Kids Will Listen & Listen so Kids Will Talk by Adele Faber & Elaine Mazlish
Effective communication is built upon trusting relationships. This book gives practical suggestions for establishing both.
7. Bitter is the New Black by Jen Lancaster
Jen Lancaster’s life changed due to no fault of her own. Her comfortable lifestyle ended when she lost her job. She gives us a glimpse of her struggles and her resilience.
8. Outliers by Malcolm Gladwell
Any book by Malcolm Gladwell challenges the status quo. This book makes one think outside of the box and encourages a paradigm shift in thinking.
9. One Day my Soul Opened Up by Iyanla Vanzant
This book offers a guide to self reflection, self forgiveness and healing.
10. The Cow in the Parking Lot A Zen Approach to Overcoming Anger by Leonard Scheff and Susan Edmiston
Anger is a response that does harm to our psyche and to our body when we hold on to it for an extended period. This book demonstrates the Zen approach to dealing with anger.